Yuhan Corporation has signed a three-party agreement with Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) and Imnewrun Biosciences to build a Brain Disease R&BD ecosystem. For the first time in Korea, a pharmaceutical company, university, and biotech company work together to foster an innovative platform and industry-academia ecosystem for brain diseases.
Through this agreement, the three institutions will:
- Create an education and research cluster for the life science industry
- Develop innovative technologies and secure a drug pipeline for brain diseases
- Establish a research institute for brain diseases at SKKU, one of the leading private academic research universities in South Korea.
- Conduct joint R&D with Samsung Medical Center, an SKKU-affiliated hospital
- Start a new department/program in SKKU for Basic Brain Science and Technology
In 2019, Sungkyunkwan University and Yuhan Corporation had signed a business agreement to establish a comprehensive and strategic industry-academia partnership. Also, Yuhan Corporation and Imnewrun, a biotech specialized in brain diseases, have been jointly developing three new drug programs for brain cancer and other brain diseases.
Yuhan is expanding the CNS pipeline through investment and joint development and reinforcing its R&D capabilities to discover new brain disease drugs with business potential.
Lee Jung-Hee, President of Yuhan Corporation, said, “Yuhan will strive for a leap forward as a global pharmaceutical company through the brain disease research and development platform and make a contribution to Korea’s pharmaceutical industry.”